BROWN FAMILY HOMESTEAD
22909 BROWNS RD, LEAVENWORTH, WA (509) 679-4785-Karen, (509) 679-8948-Hannah
The Brown Family Homestead is an outdoor destination wedding venue, located on 15 private acres at the foot of Dirty Face mountain, on the north side of Lake Wenatchee. The ceremony site is on the hill slightly above the farm and offers amphitheater style seating on beautiful wooden benches. From up there, all you see are the surrounding meadows with mountain cliffs in the background. The photos are breathtaking.
For the reception, we have a huge festive tent in the middle of the farm “yard” (the flat area all working farms have for their buildings). If the weather is fair, as it is almost every summer day in Eastern Washington, we will leave the tent sides up. But if we need to, we can drop the sides and turn on the heat.
For lodging the family, or perhaps the bridal party, there is a 3 story, 5 bedroom, hundred-year-old log house. Many a rehearsal dinner has been prepared and served from the large, well equipped kitchen. The historic house is also the place for the wedding party to get dressed and made up. (Lots of bedrooms with plenty of dressing tables!)
Built in 1901 by some of the earliest settlers in the Lake Wenatchee valley, this unique log home has been lovingly owned and maintained by their direct descendants ever since. All the hand built charm and rustic beauty are intact, but now coupled with amenities such as electricity (1920s) indoor plumbing (1940s) and high speed, fiber optic, wi-fi (2008). Most recently, we’ve remodeled the kitchen/dining area to a more open floor plan, and the downstairs bath just because… well, it really needed it. And we added a hot tub.
The Homestead doesn’t require you to buy food, beverages, cake, flowers or anything else from us. However, we have a great “A-team” of vendors we’d love to bring in for you. It’s entirely your call: you can do the whole wedding yourself, hire someone else, or hire some (all?) of our recommended vendors. It’s all about your preferences, and what works best for you.
Brown Family Homestead Weddings Details
- 15 acres of private historic homestead exclusively for the use of you and your guests
- big view amphitheater ceremony site with blue-pine, live-edge benches (seats up to 180*)
- 80’ x 40’ sided tent with cafe lights, furnished with heavy dark wood dining tables and antique wooden chairs (up to 180*)
- 20 x 20 wooden dance floor with raised stage for band, DJ, or Master of Ceremony
- large stone fire pit with firewood and benches just outside reception tent
- large kegorator outfitted with taps for 2 standard-sized kegs
- on-site wedding coordinator for wedding day and support and consultation in advance
*This number is subject to change for 2019 weddings
- everything for the tables from the wood up (decorations, sound equipment, place settings, food, beverages, flowers, cake, etc.)
Optional services from Brown Family Homestead:
- Homestead House ~ (sleeps 10-12) $299/night + $100 cleaning fee + tax. ( extra $15/night for each guest over first 6)
- Tree house honeymoon suite ~ (sleeps 2) $95/night + $25 cleaning fee + tax.
- Homestead bartender - $30/hr (8 hr minimum). Fully certified and bar savvy, as well as long-time Homestead staff become an extra pair of hands on the big day to keep things running smoothly. Most weddings use between 8 and 12 hours of bartending for a total of $240 to $360.
WEDDING PRICES (subject to change, see Brown Family Homestead for more details)